Online Banking FAQs
Answers to Questions About Online Banking, Bill Pay and eDocuments
If you have questions about Online Banking, Bill Pay, eDocuments or security, you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at this list to see answers to your most common questions. If you don’t see your question, or if the answer we provide doesn’t completely answer your question, please don’t hesitate to contact your Putnam Bank office for help.
- Is my online banking kept secure? Yes, we use 128-bit encryption and multi-factor authentication.
- Here is a link to our “Security Tips” page. Where we offer a few tips on how to better protect your information.
- How frequently does Putnam Bank update my information? All customer information is current with our system.
- Can I see any of my transactions whenever I want? Yes, your account information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- What is Bill Pay and how does it work? Bill Pay is a feature within Putnam Bank’s Online Banking system that allows you to pay bills electronically. Using our Bill Payment service will save you time and money. Rather than writing and mailing checks to the same biller/payee each and every month, you can establish a bill payment receiver (biller)/payee list. Then, each month it's just a matter of pointing and clicking on a biller/payee, entering a date and amount that you would like to pay. You have the option of scheduling payments or setting up recurring payments, as well as having the control to make your payments when you want to. To use our Bill Payment service simply select the payee, enter the date you would like your payment to be received and Bill Pay service will take care of getting it there. Our Bill Pay provider will issue the payment and withdrawn the funds from your Putnam Bank checking account.
- Can any account be used to pay bills with Bill Pay? No, only a checking account from Putnam Bank can be used.
- What are the payment methods in which a bill payment may go out? Payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic payment (ACH) (funds are withdrawn from your account on the deliver by date) , a corporate check payment (funds are withdrawn from your account on the deliver by date) or a laser draft payment (funds sent to the biller/payee are deducted from your funding Account when the laser draft is presented to Putnam Bank for payment).
- How quickly does the payee receive payment? If the payee accepts electronic payments, it will reach them within three business days. If it is processed as a corporate or laser draft check, it will reach the payee within five to seven business days.
- I received a statement from a payee saying they did not receive a payment. Now what? Contact Putnam Bank’s Online Banking Department at 800-377-4424, Option 2 and we will research the issue for you.
- Here is a link to our “Bill Pay FAQs” & “Popmoney® FAQs“.
- What are eDocuments? eDocuments are an electronic version of your monthly account statement. It includes the same information, links to check images and any important notices from Putnam Bank. This also include loans (only certain types of loans apply).
- Will I get both an eDocuments and a paper statement? No, you will only receive an eDocuments every month. (Other frequency may apply depending on the type of account).
- How long can I go back and look at previous eDocuments? Each eDocuments is available for seven years.
- How do I sign up for eDocuments? Once you are logged in to your Online Banking profile, select the “eDocuments” tab, then select “View Documents”, read and accept the terms.
- How long do I have to wait to use eDocuments? Access for all accounts listed within your Online Banking account is granted immediately when you accept the terms and conditions for eDocuments.