Online Banking FAQs
Answers to Questions About Online Banking, Bill Pay and eDocuments
If you have questions about Online Banking, Bill Pay, eDocuments or security, you’ve come to the right place. Take a look at this list to see answers to your most common questions. If you don’t see your question, or if the answer we provide doesn’t completely answer your question, please don’t hesitate to contact your Putnam Bank office for help.
- Is my online banking kept secure? Yes, we use 128-bit encryption and multi-factor authentication.
- Here is a link to our “Security Tips” page. Where we offer a few tips on how to better protect your information.
- How frequently does Putnam Bank update my information? All customer information is current with our system.
- Can I see any of my transactions whenever I want? Yes, your account information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- What is Bill Pay and how does it work? Bill Pay is a feature within Putnam Bank’s Online Banking system that allows you to pay bills electronically. Our Bill Pay servicer sends the payment out, and the amount is taken from your checking account to cover the payment.
- Can any account be used to pay bills with Bill Pay? No, only a checking account from Putnam Bank can be used.
- How quickly does the payee receive payment? If the payee accepts electronic payments, it will reach them within three business days. If it is processed as a check, it will reach the payee within five business days.
- After I make a payment with Bill Pay how long does it take for the money to be debited from my account? It will be debited from your account on the ‘Send on’ date. Also, payments sent before noon will be debited from your account right away, payments made after noon will be debited from your account the next business day.
- I received a statement from a payee saying they did not receive a payment. Now what? Contact Putnam Bank’s Online Banking Department at 800-377-4424, Option 2 and we will research the issue for you.
- What are eDocuments? eDocuments are an electronic version of your monthly account statement. It includes the same information, links to check images and any important notices from Putnam Bank. This also include loans (only certain types of loans apply).
- Will I get both an eDocuments and a paper statement? No, you will only receive an eDocuments every month. (Other frequency may apply depending on the type of account).
- How long can I go back and look at previous eDocuments? Each eDocuments is available for seven years.
- How do I sign up for eDocuments? Once you are logged in to your Online Banking profile, select the “eDocuments” tab, then select “View Documents”, read and accept the terms.
- How long do I have to wait to use eDocuments? Access for all accounts listed within your Online Banking account is granted immediately when you accept the terms and conditions for eDocuments.