Get Your Student on the Right Path with a Student Checking & Savings Account
Being able to teach your kids basic financial skills while they’re still young is a great way to ensure they are financially responsible throughout their life. Putnam Bank has developed a checking account and savings account specifically for students in elementary school through college to help them on their savings journey.
The student savings account was designed to help children between the ages of 5 and 18 years old to establish good savings habits and learn money management skills. It is never too early to start saving.
- $5 minimum deposit to open
- No daily minimum balance or monthly fee
- Interest is earned on all balances
- Account must be opened jointly with a parent or guardian
The Annual Percentage Yield and Interest Rates are subject to change. Transaction limitations apply. Upon reaching the age of 18 the account will automatically convert to the statement savings account unless the student chooses another type of account at that time.
Putnam Bank’s Student Checking Account is a great financial management tool for young adults between the ages of 13-18 who earn money from part-time jobs. Established jointly between a child and parent or guardian, the Student Checking Account includes:
- A low $10 minimum deposit to open
- No minimum daily balance or monthly fee
- A Free MaterCard® debit with $100 daily limit
- Free Online Banking
- 4 Free Foreign ATM Transactions
- Free Introductory Check Pack
This account automatically converts to an iShop Success Checking when student turns 18.
Tune in college students! When you sign up for our iShop Success checking you get credit towards iTunes or Amazon purchases (Terms, conditions and qualification requirements apply).
- A low $20 minimum deposit to open.
Come by the nearest Putnam Bank office to learn more about the Student Accounts or to open an account today!