Alerts and Fraud Tips
Putnam Bank is dedicated to educating you about fraud by providing important security information. We hope you find this information beneficial, and encourage you to share it with your friends and family.
Here are some tips we thought might be helpful:
- Securely Using Mobile Apps – Apps enable us to be more productive, instantly communicate and share with others, train and educate, or just have more fun. However, with the power of all these mobile apps comes risks. Click here for more information on to securely use mobile apps.
- Staying Secure on the Road – We want you to be able to make the most of technology at all times, including when you travel. In this newsletter, we cover how you can connect to the Internet and use your devices securely on the road. Click here for more information on how to stay secure on the road.
- Social Engineering – Social engineering is a psychological attack where an attacker tricks you into doing something you should not do. The concept of social engineering is not new; it has existed for thousands of years. Think of scammers or con artists, it is the very same idea. Cyber attackers have learned that often the easiest way to steal your information, hack your accounts, or infect your systems is by simply tricking you into making a mistake. Click here for information on how to detect and stop attackers.
- Safely Disposing of Your Mobile Device – A surprising amount of personal information may be stored on your current or older mobile device. If you are going to replace or trade in your device, you should consider proper disposal methods. If your devices are not securely wiped before disposal, this information can easily be recovered, exposing you or your organization to tremendous risk. Click here for information and tips on proper disposal.
- Using the Cloud Securely – Clouds provide an easy and quick way to save and share data. There are a number of different cloud services and knowing how to properly use them is important. Click here for more information on cloud security.
- Four Steps on Staying Secure – Technology is constantly changing. Click here for ways to protect yourself from potential security risks.
- Email Do’s and Don’ts – No matter if you are using emails for personal or business use, understanding the do’s and don’ts can help you avoid potential fraud or other malicious activity. Click here for more information on the most common mistakes and how to avoid them.